Statement of Work
Are non-compliant Statement of Work documents costing you money?
Creating a Statement of Work (SOW) document that addresses both the customer’s individual work requests and an organization’s legal requirement to form a final binding contract is difficult and costly if you get it wrong.
Depending on the organization, the complexity of the SOW may vary, however the need for a tailored, yet legally compliant and consistent SOW is vital in business today. These documents are time consuming and complex to compile, making them highly susceptible to human error, in part due to the number of steps involved in the process
SOW documents are ideal for automation, as they generally follow a set assembly procedure that contains the following information:
- Statement of Purpose – Why the organization has written and presented this document
- Work to be Performed – A short description of the work to be done, including specific details contained in the work order – hardware, software and configuration
- Project Timeline – An outline of start and finish times of individual projects within the SOW
- Deliverables – Overview of the deliverables and due dates
- Customer Acceptance – Stating the processes for testing, delivering and handing over the project to the customer
- Special Requirements – Specifying any special requirements or assumptions with the SOW – ie travel, staff allocations
- Payment Schedules – Statement of how this contract will be paid – i.e. project based, timeline on handover
- Additional Comments – Items that may be overlooked if not mentioned in the SOW and may become sticking blocks in the final handover
Intelledox is the ideal platform to assist you in generating, managing and storing compliant and consistent SOW documents every time. With centralized management of all corporate branded material and legal conditions, you can be confident that your documents are always up to date.
The Intelledox Smart Web Wizards are designed to guide you through creating a SOW, even if you have not done it before - reducing the time and cost of production and improving ongoing SOW management and client communications.
Microsoft Dynamics CRM Integration
The series of screenshots below are an example of an Intelledox Statement of Work (SOW) solution that utilises Microsoft Dynamics CRM as its host application.
The Intelledox Smart Web Wizards are integrated into the CRM’s workspace and the trigger icons are accessed directly from the regular toolbars. The deployment of this solution is flexible with on-premise, hosted or cloud-based instances all available to meet your infrastructure requirements.
Click on each image for additional details and image enlargement.
For more information contact us here at Intelledox - Microsoft Gold Partner.